A statement on the Sywell Classic
We have received various enquiries regarding the Sywell Classic “Pistons & Props” event. We would like to make the following points:
- The event is being organised and run by Live Promotions, the organisers of the Race Retro show.
- Dawn Treader Performance has had informal talks with Live Promotions but is in no way involved in the organisation or running of the event.
- Tickets for the event are not available via Dawn Treader Performance.
- The Sywell Classic is not the Sywell Airshow which is a not for profit event run bi-anually in aid of the Northamptonshire and Warwickshire Air Ambulance.
- The Facebook page for the Sywell Classic claims that an Indy 500 winning car will be running at the event. This claim is set below a photograph of the Penske PC-26 we restored in 2006. The Penske PC-26 did not compete at Indianapolis as it was run by the team in 1997 after the CART / IRL split. If the Sywell Classic has obtained the use of an Indy 500 winning car for the event it is not through ourselves and is not the PC-26 pictured in the photograph.
We hope the Sywell Classic will be a great success for it’s organisers and informal discussions have taken place regarding a possible entry for Gary Ward driving one of our Formula 1 cars at the event.